Undergraduate Scholarship Criteria
- Must be a high school graduating senior, active in church, school and community organizations.
- Must have a "B" average or higher.
- SAT cumulative score of 1050 in math and writing or ACT cumulative score of 22 in math, English or science.
- Must write a 250-word essay entitled, "How I will use my education to bless others".
- Submit three letters of recommendation from non-family members: pastor, teacher and community person.
- These are one time awards.
- Each recipient is eligible for an award of up to $1000 contingent upon maintaining a "B" average or 3.0 GPA.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college, university or vocational school.
- Awards are based on financial need and scholastic ability.
- Submit W-2 or FAFSA Form.
- Submit photo.
ICS: Marjean Taylor-Myatt Undergraduate Scholarship
"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours." John of Salisbury, 12th century theologian
This scholarship is a wise investment in our next generation of leaders, our communities and our capacity to build a stronger, sustainable, successful future for America. All (100%) of your scholarship investment goes to opening academic doors of opportunity for the 210 students who were enrolled in 2007 at the ICS: Marjean Taylor-Myatt Head Start Center in Holly Springs, Mississippi, and graduate high school with a "B" or above grade point average (GPA).To invest in the next generation of leaders, simply click on Make a Gift.